Thursday 11 February 2016

Conspiracy theories...

While taking pictures in Buxton, I saw a guy with a laptop, who was also taking pictures… with a tiny web-cam plugged into the computer. “I’d use a proper camera”, he said, “but I can never remember to charge up the batteries”. I should have taken that hint to say “cheerio” and be on my way… but I lingered a moment too long.

On a rise, where the war memorial now stands, there used to be a temple, the guy said. Pre-Roman. He had found some numbers nearby, which, when added up, proved that this was the site of the holy grail (though he seemed to think the holy grail was a well). He linked the grail to the Roslyn Chapel (mentioned in Dan Brown’s book, The da Vinci Code); the same people who built the Roslyn Chapel also built the war memorial, apparently. He mentioned ley lines, linking up other notable sites of antiquity. “Buxton is a very important place”, he whispered conspiratorially. “How come nobody knows about all this?”, I asked, feigning mild interest. He gave me a significant look: “Because they don’t want you to know”…

No comments:

Post a Comment