Saturday 3 June 2017

Biscuits...

Felt rough yesterday - prickly eyes, cough, etc - so I parked up and had a lazy day: reading, writing and listening to the cricket on the radio. Felt a bit more sprightly today, got a fair few pix of the New Forest and, while editing them, listened to a bit more cricket.

‘Sledging’ is what bowlers do in an attempt to unsettle batsmen. It’s generally just a volley of abuse - until the umpires step in - and not worth repeating. But one story makes me laugh every time I think about it. Australian bowler, Glen McGrath, was being frustrated by a tubby Zimbabwean batsman called Eddo Brandes. McGrath: “Why are you so fat?” Brandes: “Because every time I shag your wife, she gives me a biscuit”...

Horse and foal in the New Forest...


No comments:

Post a Comment