Sunday 22 April 2018

Woodbridge...

What a lazy weekend. I had a wander round Shut Heath Wood yesterday morning, near Great Totham, Essex, having been told that lesser spotted woodpeckers are sometimes seen there. I heard green woodpeckers ‘laughing’ and saw a greater spotted woodpecker; I occupied a bench for an hour, sitting and listening, watching and waiting for a woodpecker no bigger than a sparrow. No luck, but I saw a treecreeper, heard blackcaps and whitethroats singing, and the woods were very peaceful.

I stayed the night in Woodbridge, one of my favourite small towns. This morning I went to Quaker meeting; it was as tranquil as Shut Heath Wood. Took loads of pix around town, so I’ll need to find a campsite soon, where I can edit and upload them. In the meantime I’ll stay another night in Woodbridge, so I can have a couple of cold beers…

No comments:

Post a Comment