Saturday 4 August 2018

Test cricket...

Another few hours writing in Otley library. I had earphones in, so I listened to the last session of the first test match, England v India. Test cricket isn’t supposed to be as exciting as this, but it’s so much better than the biff, bang, wallop of the Twenty20 game (if test cricket is like reading a novel, and the 50-over game is like reading a short story, then Twenty20 cricket is like staring blankly at the label on the back of a sauce bottle). I could have gone to the pub, to watch the action, but I was happy to listen to it on the radio instead; the pictures really are better.

England won, by the small margin of 31 runs, to set up the series, and I’ve bought myself a ticket to day three of the Trent Bridge test.

Not Trent Bridge, but Headingley...


No comments:

Post a Comment