Sunday 9 September 2018

Appledore...

I parked up in Appledore yesterday evening; the last time I was here was in 2015, when we had a solar eclipse. There’s a car-park on the quayside, where I joined other campervans and motorhomes. Appledore is a handsome little town (village?), with a long quay giving access to the mouth of the River Torridge. There is an alleyway behind the buildings on the quayside, which is fine for pedestrians but too narrow for vehicles. This is where you’ll find the Royal pub, and, a few yards away, the Royal Plaice. You can buy your fish & chips and eat them in the pub, or you can buy your drinks at the pub and enjoy them in the fish & chip shop.

Since I’m feeling as rough as a badger’s arse, with a cold and a chesty cough, I’ll stay in Appledore today and take things easy. I can work on the book, listen to the cricket from the Oval and feel sorry for myself.

A pic of Appledore from 2015...


No comments:

Post a Comment