Thursday 29 November 2018

Writing...

Since I’ve been writing the book, I’ve had a change of heart and mind. Not just about religion, which now bothers me much more than it used to, and in so many different ways. It seems I’ve also stopped thinking about my destination as a place. For the first time in my life there’s a subject that really engages me as a writer. As I’m coming to the end of this book, and look forward to the next part of the process, I’m thinking about what to write next. Something that isn’t 130,000 words long, that’s for sure. It almost doesn’t matter where I am. I enjoy good conversation, about things that matter, and, conveniently, the ‘conversation’ can continue when I’m on my own: the interplay between what I’m thinking and what I’m able to get down in written form. I’m hoping it will help to keep the mind active for a few years yet.

Yateley Common, Hampshire, looking rather painterly...


No comments:

Post a Comment