Sunday 23 June 2019

Broadband...

BT have emailed to ask me if I would like a free, ‘super-fast’ upgrade to my broadband. Isn’t this a rhetorical question? Is there anyone who, if offered a slow or a fast connection, at no further cost, would opt for ‘slow’? I would have preferred to press a button marked ‘YES, OBVIOUSLY!’, and be done with it. Instead I had to navigate through page after page of special offers, family and friends, parental guidance about blocking questionable websites, free texts every weekend between midnight and 6pm, and all the rest.

The contract for my free upgrade will last for 18 months; after that the price goes up. I’ve left myself a reminder, to read in November 2020, to take another look at broadcast provision. I look forward to a faster connection; it’s desperately slow at present. It will be good to upload a pic to Alamy in seconds rather than minutes, and to be able to watch YouTube videos without ‘buffering’.

Bike storage in the Old Sunday School...

No comments:

Post a Comment