Saturday 2 November 2019

Halloween...

Halloween has come and gone. I was told that buying loads of sweets was the best way to avoid structural damage, by disgruntled trick or treaters, to the Old Sunday School. I stocked up with love hearts, lollipops, wine gums and chocolate money (hoping to keep the transaction on a firm financial footing). But no kids came! Now I’m stuck with a skip-full of Haribo and a sugar rush.

Untutored in Halloween etiquette, I’d neglected to place a pumpkin outside. Trick or treaters won’t knock on the door, apparently, unless they see a pumpkin. At least I’ll know what to do next year, and I won't need to buy any more sweets. I probably have twelve month’s supply of gummy bears, and about twenty quid in loose chocolate change.

Licensed yesterday: the marina at Pwllheli in Wales...


No comments:

Post a Comment