Sunday 9 January 2022

Wordle...

I have never completed the cryptic crossword in the Guardian, a fact which threatens my cherished illusion that I’m actually quite bright. Rather than recalibrating my over-inflated opinions about myself, I’ve taken the easier option and stopped doing crosswords.

Instead I’ve found Wordle, a simple and elegantly designed game, in which you have six opportunities to guess the target word. Start by entering a five-letter word into the grid and pressing ‘return’. Correct letters in the right position are shown in green. Correct letters in the wrong position are yellow. Letters which don’t appear in the target word are grey. You carry on… until you either guess the word, or run out of grid. There’s no chance of becoming addicted, or frittering away too much time, because you can only play once per day. This is today’s game; I got ‘gorge’ in three. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment