Thursday 10 February 2022

Pocklington...

Something new today. I bought a huge fruit bowl decorated with hand-painted flowers: £2.99 from a charity shop in Pocklington. Every day I make delicious smoothies, with my fancy ‘Magic Bullet’ smoothie-maker, so there’s fruit all over the place (and now I know where to find it). Maybe some fruit-scented room deodorant would complete the illusion that the Old Sunday School is a proper home, not just a squalid man-cave.

There was always fruit in a bowl on the sideboard when I was growing up, though, beyond an apple a day (“to keep the doctor away”) we kids weren’t really encouraged to eat it. Mum often preferred to hide fruit - rather than, say, buy some more - which is why anyone venturing to clean behind the fridge might discover a bag of Florida oranges that had turned a luminous green, or some bananas reduced to a brown mush. 

A graceful dismouth in Pocklington today...

No comments:

Post a Comment