Monday 30 May 2022

Priorities...

With the price of just about everything going up, the fees for stock photography are bucking the trend by going down. Even if the prices have bottomed out - it’s possible - the future of stock photography looks unpromising. Though the demand for imagery remains high, it’s outstripped by the supply, which tends to keep prices low. In terms of £££, buying more camera or computer equipment seems more of an indulgence than an investment; even filling the car up with diesel, for a picture-taking trip, is getting harder to justify. I will continue to shoot pix when I’m out and about, and upload them to Alamy, but it will no longer occupy much of my time.     

Instead I’ve made a little promise to myself: for the first three hours of every day, while my mind is still ‘morning fresh’, I will either write something new or edit something I’ve already written. And the other priority will be to redouble my efforts to get the big book into print. I’ve been pratting about for far too long…

No comments:

Post a Comment