Monday 29 August 2022

No argument...

Krishnamurti on the grim reaper… “You cannot argue with death; there is no argument. You cannot reason with it; it is an absolute finality. You may invent all kinds of things: that you will continue, that there is the atman, that there is the higher self, that the gods will protect you. We invent a lot of theories, which may or may not be facts, but it is absolutely final that you will die, whether you are young or old, and therefore there is no question of arguing with it. You don’t argue when death knocks at your door and say, ‘Please give me a couple of days more. I have to see my family. I haven’t made my will. I have to settle my quarrel with my wife.’ There is no argument. But we argue with life, we cheat life, we play with life, we double-cross, we double-think, we do everything to cover up life – we argue, we choose, we play around. We don’t treat life as final, as death. We have to deal with it every minute precisely, with decision not postponement”…

No comments:

Post a Comment