Wednesday 2 September 2015

Muncaster...

Called in at Muncaster Castle to get some pix. £10.50 just to wander round the gardens: bloody hell! The lady who took my money smiled sweetly and said the price included access to the shop and café... as though you have to pay to walk into a shop or a café.

Having got some decent shots, I stayed around for the display of owls and birds of prey, if only to get my money’s-worth. It’s the kind of event I’d normally pay good money to avoid, but it turned out OK, with a good crowd there to watch. The Lanar Falcon (a bit like a Peregrine) was fantastic, like something from another dimension altogether. I felt the wind on my cheeks as it flew past. The handlers brought out an eagle, an owl and a vulture, finishing off with a trio of Black Kites…


No comments:

Post a Comment