Friday 9 October 2015

Puzzle Hall...

I was taking some pictures this morning, on the Rochdale Canal in Sowerby Bridge. The boss of the company that hires out the narrowboats passed me and said “Could send us some of the photos you take”. I said “What… for free?” He said “Yes… a lot of people send us photos. We always give them a credit if we use them”. I said “Well, my car’s over there. Maybe you’d like to wash it for me. And then I’ll tell people what a good job you did”.

A lovely day, though I didn’t take as many pix as I should have done. People were sitting out in their gardens, and butterflies were flitting from flower to flower. It’s October masquerading as August.

I took the opportunity, when staying at my favourite Yorkshire Dales campsite, to upgrade the software on my iMac and laptop, and now I can’t send emails. They’re coming in… but when I try to send an email, I’m asked for the password… which is then rejected… leaving my emails pinioned and resolutely earthbound. So if you emailed me, and are awaiting a reply, my apologies. I Googled the problem and it seems I’m not alone. That’s vaguely reassuring. If it’s a known issue, then Apple will presumably be working on a patch for OS 10.11.2 .

Off, now, to one of my favourite pubs - the Puzzle Hall Inn - hoping there might be a bit of live music. There seem to be a lot of smart new pubs in the town, so hopefully the Puzzle will still be a grubby, aspiration-free zone serving a decent pint of Timothy Taylor’s Landlord…

Success… There’ll be music later on. ‘Swamp rock”, I’m told. Can’t wait…

Bridge on the Rochdale Canal...



No comments:

Post a Comment