Thursday 19 May 2016

Dartford Warbler...

Had a busy couple of days, watching birds and taking pix. I visited Dunwich Heath, overlooking Minsmere, and was lucky enough to see a dartford warbler (that’s a first for me). It was unmistakable, as it posed on a gorse bush. I had a walk across Westleton Heath early next morning, and was lucky again: a nightingale gave me a solo performance.

This morning I took pix at Beccles and Oulton Broad: already edited and uploaded. I’ve just driven to a village called Reedham, on the River Yare, little realising that I had to take a ferry - which accomodated just two cars - across the river. At the other side is a pub - the Ferry Inn, naturally - where I’m having a beer. Having taken so many pix these past few days, I’m feeling rather disorientated…

Westleton Heath... with invisible nightingale...
























Family of swans at Carlton Marshes...


No comments:

Post a Comment