Tuesday 3 May 2016

Nightingales...


I'm not the only one on a quest to find nightingales this spring.

I slept on Salthouse Heath two nights ago, which represented my first attempt to find nightingales on my tour of Norfolk and Suffolk. The only time I heard nightingales (in England) was here, in a tent, while on a school trip. If there was one nightingale singing that night, there must have been a dozen, and they kept us awake.

My sleep was uninterrupted by nightingales two nights ago, though I met a guy in the morning, with binoculars, who was looking - and listening - for nightingales too. Salthouse Heath remains one of the few places where it's possible to see them... but he'd had no more luck than me...

The wetlands at Titchmarsh RSPB reserve in North Norfolk...

No comments:

Post a Comment