Monday 15 August 2016

Robbed again...

I’ve learned nothing. I bought a pastry in Scarborough and took a bite. Even before I could regret my purchase - it was dry and tasteless - I was mugged by a herring gull: a flurry of wings and my pastry was gone (along with my dignity). Thankfully, that was the worst thing that happened to me in Scarborough, and I got loads of pix.

It’s hard to go hungry here. There’s a fish & chip shop on every corner; down on the promenade, overlooking the harbour, they are even more plentiful. But the smell of fish & chips, so appetising at most times of the year, holds little appeal on a hot day in August… though that didn’t stop visitors queuing up for a take-away. I had a pint of lager shandy instead, and a sit-down in the cool shade of an unpopular pub…

So we're buying and selling babies now? Stop the world, I want to get off...




No comments:

Post a Comment