Thursday 1 December 2016

Porlock Weir...

Phew… I’ve landed up in a little town called South Molton, just to the south of the Exmoor National Park, but getting here was a bit hairy. I was taking pix this morning around the little harbour at Porlock Weir, then drove west along the coast road. The temperature had hardly risen above freezing, so I was concerned about the state of the roads. When I saw a sign recommending that caravans should take a scenic ‘toll road’, instead of tackling a 1-in-4 hill, I took the scenic route.

The good news: I hardly saw another car. The bad news: the road was frosty and hadn’t been gritted. The road twisted and turned uphill; the views were no doubt scenic, but I was more aware of the vertiginous drop on the seaward side. I kept to second gear, hoping I wouldn’t have to stop. A hill-start on a steep and frosty road was an unappealing prospect, and I didn’t fancy turning round either.

It worked out OK, but it’s not something I’d care to repeat. The temperature is dropping again, and I’m going nowhere this evening. There’s a campsite near here, with electric hook-up and wifi, so I may head there tomorrow. I have a lot of pix to edit and upload. Quite a few pic sales dropped in this week, as they tend to do at the end of the month. November was my best month yet, for both pic sales and revenue, and, if I pass 27 sales in December, then I’ll have twice as many sales in 2016 as I did in 2015…

The florid interior of the Anchor Hotel, Porlock Weir...



Quay Cottages, Porlock Weir...

No comments:

Post a Comment