Saturday 8 April 2017

Runners and riders...

It’s Grand National Day… not that it means much to me. I love cricket, watch a fair bit of football and can even take a slight interest in golf (except when American spectators insist on yelling "get in the hole!"). Given the opportunity I can watch hour after hour of snooker (I give myself the players' skill level, and try to anticipate what shot they'll play next). But I draw the line at any sport which includes horses, and can’t watch dressage, show-jumping or horse racing. I can’t listen to the commentators, the self-regarding owners in their camel-hair coats or any of those tiny, mumbling, Irish jockeys. So I won’t be sticking a pin in a list of names today, or studying the runners and the riders, the favourites and the form. My one hope is that all the horses get around the course without mishap.

Foot feeling gouty today, so I’ve got myself some more anti-inflammatory pills, hoping to ‘nip it in the bud’. Fingers crossed…

No comments:

Post a Comment