Wednesday 26 April 2017

Wymondham...

A frustrating day. The light was great, but my plans were stymied. I had a list of windmills to photograph. One was wreathed in scaffolding while it was being repaired. Another was on ‘private’ land, surrounded by barbed wire, even though the map showed a right of way leading to it. A third windmill was off-limits because of roadworks and no obvious detour.

I crossed the River Yare - on the little Reedham Ferry - thus leaving the southern Broads behind. The ferryman remembered me, though I think it was the Romahome he recognised rather than me. I’ve ended up in Wymondham, with beautiful evening light on the old butter-cross in the marketplace. I got a few good pix before the local lads gathered in the butter-cross to gurn and flick v-signs at me…

Woodbridge...




No comments:

Post a Comment