Friday 26 May 2017

Arne...

Had a day in a campsite near Swanage, to process a backlog of pix. I’d hoped to edit and upload 50 pix; in the end I managed 75. When I emerged from the van, about noon, it was blisteringly hot, and I had to shade my eyes from the harsh light from a cloudless sky. I heard on the radio that today was a record for solar power in the UK, supplying a quarter of the day’s requirements for electricity. Facts like this always cheer me up.

I had a chat with the guy in a big family tent on the next pitch. He looked like he’d been there some while; his tent was surrounded by potted plants which he was watering with a hose. Hot and bothered, I asked him to put his thumb over the end of the hose and give me a spray. He obliged; it was just what I needed. The weather forecast suggests this heatwave will last one more day, then break.

Took a stroll this evening in the RSPB reserve at Arne, on the edge of Poole Harbour. Not many birds about, but it was good to walk in the cool of the day. Tonight I’m parked up, a couple of miles away, in Wareham, where I have found a pleasantly unpopular pub…

Poundbury...

No comments:

Post a Comment