Saturday 29 July 2017

The Forbidden Corner...

I met Helen, fellow Romahomer, at my favourite campsite in the Yorkshire Dales. We took a trip to the Forbidden Corner, near Middleham. I’d heard about it, but never been… and now I have. The attraction began as a private venture, creating paths, tunnels, mazes and follies within a four-acre garden, which was opened to the public in 1994.

The Forbidden Corner is a bit like a ghost train… without the train. We spend a couple of hours getting lost, being sprayed with water, opening doors that led nowhere and being harangued by spooky voices. It was fun, but claustrophobic, and, at £12 a pop, no bargain.

Yesterday, we had a wander around the lead-mining relics on Grassington Moor, which suited me better. There was more room to move, under big skies and fast-moving clouds. Then I met up with two old chums, Howard and Kev, in Leyburn for an evening like a lost episode of Last of the Summer Wine…

This way to the Forbidden Corner...


Grassington Moor...



No comments:

Post a Comment