Wednesday 6 September 2017

Lost...

The welcome in Ireland has been consistently warm, sometimes effusive. But one thing has surprised me: the height barriers at the entrance to all municipal car parks, which seem designed specificaly to exclude me and other motorhome owners. Not so, insisted a man I talked to yesterday; according to him the barriers are to keep out the travellers.

After three years the satnav lady and I get along pretty well. Except for yesterday. I spent half the morning ‘exploring’ narrow roads, with grass growing up the middle, while the satnav lady kept suggesting even narrower alternatives. She was lost, but she wouldn’t admit it. Without villages or signs I’d entirely lost my bearings too - almost doing a full circle to arrive back where I started from…

No comments:

Post a Comment