Wednesday 3 October 2018

Last lap...

As I’m adding a few paragraphs, and deleting a few others, the book seems to be settling down at around 120,000 words. It’s been a marathon effort. I’ve run the 26 miles; now, having done a lap of the stadium, I’m in sight of the finishing line. But where are the cheering crowds? The stands are empty! The chapter which still needs a bit of work is the one about Islam and the Koran. I am well aware that I’m treading on dangerous ground. I alternate between the desire to let fly with both barrels (and to hell with the consequences) and being, well, a bit more diplomatic. The most important thing, perhaps, is to ensure that every sentence reflects what I really think and feel - no more, no less and no grandstanding!

Just licensed another shot of McDonalds by night. This is in Guiseley: coincidentally, I was there yesterday morning, for my breakfast...

Car at McDonald's drive-in restaurant, at night, England UK Stock Photo 

No comments:

Post a Comment