Saturday 18 April 2020

A bumpy ride...

It’s amazing how quickly things can change when there’s a political will to do so. A hospital can be built in a week. Fashion houses and factories can be re-purposed to produce gowns and masks for NHS and care workers. Passenger flights can be reconfigured to bring in medical supplies. New initiatives are being rushed through the legal process with emergency decrees. Money can be ‘found’ to ameliorate the most damaging effects to individuals and businesses. Apple and Google can collaborate to create smartphone apps which will track and monitor the movement of our citizenry. But will the survellance be reined in, once the need for it has ended?

I’m certain that the virus, and its aftermath, will dominate what remains of my life… and maybe the lives of the next generation too. I may not know where we’re headed, but I’m strapping myself in. It’s going to be a bumpy ride…

Licensed yesterday: one of the first pix I uploaded to Alamy. "All is safely gathered in"...


No comments:

Post a Comment