Sunday 12 April 2020

Flowers on the doorstep...

Oof… that’s twice today I’ve had a tear in my eye… and it isn’t even tea-time yet. The first time was hearing that Tim Brooke-Taylor had died (from CV19). Such a funny guy, from his days with the Goodies to his appearances on I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue (he was a regular on the show for forty years). Jack Dee’s tribute rang true: “His great comedy gift was playing the injured innocent and he did it with brilliance and a characteristic lightness of touch”.

And a few minutes ago there was a knock on my door. A woman from Howden Helpers left a flowering plant on the doorstep. Apart from a light growth of mould, in the shower, it’s the only living thing in the Old Sunday School (oh, and me as well… though some mornings lately I’ve had to take my pulse to make sure).

It's that time of year: lambing on the Howgill fells...

No comments:

Post a Comment