Thursday 10 December 2020

Rugby...

There’s a call today for rugby to be banned in schools, because an increasing number of professional rugby players are being diagnosed with early onset dementia. Eight former players, all under the age of 45, are proposing to bring legal proceedings against the game’s governing bodies over what they claim is their failure to protect them from the risks caused by concussions.

The news comes too late for me. I played rugby at school, but only because I had to. I would run up and down the touchline in the hope that the other players might assume I was watching, while spectators might assume I was playing. This ploy worked pretty well until someone was thoughtless enough to pass me the ball.

Licensed today: another shot to illustrate that home delivery is endemic. We used to go shopping; now the shops come to us... 



No comments:

Post a Comment