Thursday 17 December 2020

Santa needs a wee...

We should resist the urge to provide a happy ending for a year as shit as 2020. The year doesn’t stop being shit just because Mariah Carey is top of the charts - finally - with All I Want for Christmas is You. Christmas with family could mean a spell in hospital - or worse - for older family members, and it will be doctors and nurses, not Boris Johnson, who will be charged with clearing up the mess in the new year. Count me out.

The Junction Arts Centre in Goole is closed, much like everything else in the town. But, according to an email I received today, they are still putting on a show. Father Christmas Needs a Wee, based, possibly, on one of Philip Larkin's lesser-known poems, is available online. I might give this a miss too.

Retail multi-tasking in Ulverston, seconds before the shop proprietor came over and threatened to knock me out if I took another photo of his shop. My usual response - "I don't care to be spoken to in that tone of voice" - had the required effect, leaving my good looks intact...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment