Sunday 11 July 2021

Neighbours...

The Old Sunday School has a square footprint, with the exterior walls being the boundary of my property. I now have neighbours on both sides, which is fine by me… except that the neighbour to the left has erected a garden shed up against the back wall of the OSS, which would make it impossible for me to, say, re-paint the windows or re-point the brickwork. Having exchanged ‘a few words’ yesterday, I was planning to contact the local planning department, for clarification.

Then came a knock on my door. “I’ve had a word with my wife”, Nicky said, “and I’d like to apologise”. He said he’d move the shed to another part of their large garden, and I said that would be the end of the matter. The situation could have got ugly… but didn’t. I’ve forgotten the name of his wife, but from now on I’ll think of her as ‘the voice of reason’! 

Garden shed... but not the one next door...

No comments:

Post a Comment