Saturday 9 October 2021

Broughton Hall...

Sunny days come and go while I’m putting the finishing touches to the book. If I want to meet my self-imposed deadline of the end of October, I need to put in at least four hours at the beginning of every day (before my brain turns to mush). If the book wasn’t 99% finished, I’m not sure I would have the motivation to keep going.

The book is now very different to what I first envisaged, about five years ago. Against expectations, my attitude to religious affiliation has hardened, not softened. I’ve searched for the “good stuff”, in the holy books and elsewhere, but, frankly, the ‘morality’ which underpins the Abrahamic religions is pretty poor fare. And the idea of coercion - being told what we must believe - drives even this poor fare towards irrelevance.

Licenced last week: Broughton Hall, near Skipton…

No comments:

Post a Comment