Wednesday 15 January 2020

Fast food in Oakham...

I take stock pix without ever knowing - in advance - how or where they will be used (and the majority of my pix will never be used at all). I also have a soft spot for Rutland, our smallest county; it's where I went to school, and I could ride around the county, on my bike, in an afternoon, while checking out the birdlife on Eye Brook Reservoir.

This is a pavement café in the county town of Oakham: currently in the news because McDonald's have (finally) persuaded the council to rubber-stamp their plans for a drive-in 'restaurant' (though is it really a restaurant if, instead of giving you cutlery, they tip your food onto a tray?). It will be the first fast-food joint in Rutland. For older residents this will mean the end of the world as we know it; for younger folk it will an opportunity to earn minimum wage while wearing an 'I'm Lovin' It' T-shirt...


No comments:

Post a Comment