Saturday 11 January 2020

Harry and Meghan...

Since I don’t have a TV, and don’t read the tabloids, I wasn’t aware that Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have been vilified in the media. But I could have guessed. I don’t know why the tabloids publish hyper-critical articles about the royal family and I don’t know why people read them. But they do… and they do.

I am no royalist, and would much prefer to be a citizen than a subject. But my antipathy towards the royal family has nothing to do with the people who currently occupy these roles. The criticism looks like bullying; if Harry and Megham want to renounce their royal responsibilities, good luck to them. Megham can go back to acting, and Harry could probably be trained to run a whelk stall. If they’re not dipping into the public purse, so much the better…

No comments:

Post a Comment