Saturday 29 August 2015

Gnats...

I generally know when I’ve taken a decent shot, or series of shots. But the picture isn’t finished until I’ve edited it in Photoshop; it’s only when I examine the image - at 100%, pixel for pixel - that issues become apparent. The pix I took in the North Pennines looked fine, until I realised I’d shot them through a haze of gnats or midges. The only remedy is to clone out every spot and blur - which might take an hour or more for a single shot - or just bin the lot. I’ll leave the decision till tomorrow.

The weather’s against me today. Broken cloud is what I like, but today the breaks in the cloud are few. I popped into the Stag Inn in Dufton, for a pint; it’s a friendly little pub and a welcome sight for Pennine Way walkers, before they tackle Cross Fell (the highest point in the Pennines) and High Cup Nick. I’d love to take pix in a pub like this, but sometimes it’s best to leave the camera alone, enjoy the ambience and not get in the way…

The road to nowhere...


No comments:

Post a Comment