Sunday 25 February 2018

Bare trees...

By this time of the year the trees look perfect just as they are: bare, unadorned, their branches silhouetted against a grey winter sky. It’s hard to imagine them in leaf: too florid! Yet spring will soon be here…

Some guy wrote an article in the Guardian today about giving up TV for a month. He seemed to think it was a big deal (and decided he was going to do a jigsaw, of which most of the pieces were sky). I haven't had a TV for maybe 15 years, but I don't feel like writing an article about it. I see some TV (I'm watching football on a pub TV today), but mostly I find it frustrating. Whenever a TV programme threatens to get interesting, the credits roll. I hope I'll always be able to find more interesting things to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment