Wednesday 11 December 2019

Election Eve...

The Guardian has been publishing a ‘poll of polls’, giving equal weight to a dozen different polls. Though the Tory lead is narrowing, there is still a significant gap between the most pessimistic figure for the Tories and the most optimistic figure for Labour. So I’m not anticipating any electoral miracle tomorrow; in terms of what is possible or likely, I’m not even sure what a good result would look like.

I will cast my vote tomorrow, at a farm in the village. Though my respect for our democratic traditions is undimmed, I wish we had better choices. The current crop of politicians doesn’t inspire much confidence; any competent leader of the Labour party would surely be able to take on the Tories and win.

Licensed today: a street in Woodbridge, Suffolk...


No comments:

Post a Comment