Tuesday 31 December 2019

Resolution...

Well, here we are, at the fag-end of another year… and not a vintage year. 2020 won’t have to be anything very special, I reckon, to be an improvement on 2019. Trump in the White House, Boris in number 10… and the citizens of these two great nations actually voted for them in free and fair elections! My prediction - that we would never actually leave the EU - may finally have run out of road (though the story may yet have a few more twists and turns before we bid adieu to our European neighbours).

The problems that face the world in 2020 make my one and only resolution seem rather trivial: to get my book profitably into print. Nevertheless, it deals with an important subject (and, even after fifty books, that’s not something I’ve ever been able to say before). It’s had yet another edit. Now’s the time to see if there’s anyone else on God’s green earth who’d like to see it published between hard covers. I’m in the mood for some feedback… hopefully positive.

Licensed today: yacht and steamer on Windermere...


No comments:

Post a Comment